Sunday, August 28, 2011

Article: The Power of Prayer


A web article taken from Barbara Sanders' website, Barbara's Entourage (source link here)...

Prayer is our communion with God, whether it be a petition made to God, worship, repentance, praise, or thanksgiving. It doesn't have to be a laid-out patent prayer, but words from the heart. God wants all of us, he knows our minds and hearts, so why not talk to him as if he already knows the situation.

James 5:16 Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
The effectual fervent prayer is one with power behind it, one that produces results. We have to believe what we pray, not just 'mouth' words. Sometimes we go blindly into our prayers, not knowing in which direction to go.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you , What things soever ye desire, when ye pray , believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].
Desires of the heart should be those that will glorify God, not necessarily the human desires we have to make our life better.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray , use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
God knows each thought we have, so why not go to HIM and talk with him as you would if you were to meet him on the street. Prayers do not have to be long, drawn out affairs, but we need to be precise in what we are asking, and ask according to the bible rather than asking blindly for what we want. If it glorifies the Lord, then it will be something good for us. If it does not, then we shouldn't be asking for it in our prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You St. Jude for helping our situation and being there for Denise and I... You are always there for me. Sincerely, SandiAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have published a miraculous 5 prayers on this and sister sights since 2008 some say 9 out 10 work, but I have never failed and I come back to the most loving saint with my hand wrapped to my forehead. St Jude show me and hear me as you have with "marriage 2012" alcohol Jan 2006, proposal to a catholic marriage, professional growth not for greed but to provide for a newly ill fiance, spine surgery for my wife april 2012 and fianlly the I DO from June 17 2012= Jube 29th 2012. And you answered them all. I am humbled on your forum but I will ask again as it was you that said miracle is my work, and numerous requests means numerous results

    May the Sacred of Jesus be adored glorified loved and preserved throughout the world now and forever
    Sacred heart of Jesus pray for Ryan
    Saint Jude worker of miracles pray for l.theresa t.
    St jude in Christs name I ask that you rise up in honor of Jesus, and do the work you so love. I need your sweet mercy and healing of the heart, with a reconciliation of marriage from the groom me ryan to my wife who you responded to in April of 2012 on Spine surgery and you did that for me

    Saint Jude helper of the hopeless pray for us both l.t.t. and Ryan T
    You know my spirit saint at a loyal believer that preaches your novena, and if someone needs a miracle I did what you ask me to. :just ask the healer Well dear saint there is little time, the beauty and workings of novena are to heal us and help not only reunite but fall in love together and remind each other that god and christ told us life is made for 2. Dearest Saint connect with mother theresa who holds my wife's middle name along with any loved support. Get us back to marriage,and keep us from the vial rot that satan has spit at my dear wife. Jesus through his saints and the catholic church can do all things. Heal the marriag but enter out home upon the completion of this novena, and make us a stronger team. Our prayer as a couple is strong, and we ask with humility for forgiveness in our lack of mass attendance. I will work as you are. Restore this to light. my wife has a smile that is saint like. we married at St. Tims under the works of your priest cullidy, remind lauren home and marriage is where love is, therefore god and christ dwell at all time. Thank you and Im sure I can tell you divorce. you laugh at satan and conquer, I need your help. I cannot do this alone. I dont want to lose my wife dearest saint, and I just felt it, its begun...thank you for the dropped st jude card which I cannot identify.goose bumps while i feel you leave to see my dear haunt my in a beautiful way

    ReplyDelete