Sunday, November 27, 2011
Picture: St. Jude Thaddeus
From the Shrine of St. Jude in Faversham, Kent, England (link to the Shrine's website here).
"The church was originally built as a school by the proprietors of the gunpowder factories, for the children of their staff, and later became the Empire Cinema.
The Carmelites who took on the care of the parish in 1926 acquired the site and it has been a church since 1937. A number of well-known and established artists were employed to decorate the Church and later the Shrine, which was built in 1955.
Since then, pilgrims have come here from all over the world to visit and pray at this little shrine to St Jude. It is not a large building, but it has become sacred with the prayers of the many pilgrims who have come here."
(Source link here)