Sunday, February 19, 2017

Prayers for Those in Despair


Heavenly Father, I know I am close to despair. I feel so tempted to give up, to withdraw from life and religion and let the world simply carry me along.

Everything seems so meaningless and nothing appeals to my better instincts.

Help me to remember that Jesus gave meaning to everything in the world.

Let me bank on that fact and get over this time of despair, to really believe in the depths of my being that there is a reason for living.

Show me the reason for my life and tell me what I must do.

Bring home to me that I am never alone, but that You are with me even in the depths of despair. Remind me that no matter what I may endure now, an unending joy awaits me in the future if I but cling tightly to You and your Son Jesus in the unity of the Spirit.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment